We are currently recording details of all volunteers offering support at this difficult time. We would ask that you contact us by email or telephone if you wish to be added to this growing forum. We have connected to several local groups who are now 'feeding' into our system and we are on the Newcastle City Council site map of support. If you are aware of anyone who needs our support, please contact us via email or tel 0191 2615234 and leave a message we will return your call as soon as we are able.
The charity is managed by a team of volunteer Trustees with skills and expertise in various fields including social care, finance, community regeneration and local knowledge. They meet at least once every month to evaluate the work carried out, and consider future projects alongside existing services.The Trustees work hard to maintain the high standards that people expect from us. They agree that listening to our beneficiaries is a very important. It plays a vital role in the design and development of all services, most importantly, it helps us to provide what people say they need, not what we think is needed.
Dawn is our full time manager who is responsible for and the practical and organisational support of all services, staff and volunteers. Her role also includes completing grant applications.
Ray is our handyman and he's been with us for quite a few years now, he attends to most of the job requests that we receive but, it's important to note, that he has support from our volunteers too.
Brian is our Launderette Attendant and he is available for duty three days each week. He also volunteers for our collection service and is a massive support to our charity.
- Laundry Collection and Delivery Launched
- Lunch Club Service Launched
- Caring Hands Became a Registered Charity
- Loan Equipment Service launched (now titled ‘Small Aids Equipment’)
- Shopping and Day Trips Service launched (NOTE: This service is no longer available)
- Pop In/Befriending Service launched
- First Stop Advice Service Launched
- Drop In Service Launched
- Handyman Service Launched
- Welfare Benefits Advice Service Launched
- Community Minibus for hire provided (NOTE: This service is no longer available)
- Library Service Launched
- Aromatherapy Massage Service launched
- Became a collection point for Moneywise Credit Union
- Free Internet Service Launched
- New Community Launderette opened
- ‘Bottle in the Fridge’ Scheme Launched
- Website Launched
- Became an Umbrella Body for Criminal Records Disclosure (now titled ‘Disclosure & Barring Service’ or DBS)
- Counselling Service launched
- Website Updated
The Right Reverend Christine Hardman
Our patron is the Bishop of Newcastle, the Right Reverend Christine Hardman.
We hope to have a long and productive relationship.